Links for the Big Data Challenge 2014
Computational tools and resources available to the students participating in the Challenge
SAS resources to be provided to students
1) SAS University Edition: http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition.html
2) SAS On-Demand For Academics – This is a free cloud version of 5 of our products including Enterprise Miner – our foundation Data Mining tool. I will start a course for the competition http://www.sas.com/govedu/edu/programs/od_academics.html
3) Free E-Learning from U of T – See this PDF and the Access code is G70072789. There are a twelve different courses for students learn how to use SAS.
4) http://www.lexjansen.com – Great website for students to search and learn about different techniques of Analytics.
Open Source resources
1) R - Revolution R Open, from Revolution Analytics http://mran.revolutionanalytics.com/download/
2) Anaconda - a full-featured distribution of Python https://store.continuum.io/cshop/anaconda/
- SciNet Analysts are happy to give students feedback regarding their analyses. They can be contacted at email@example.com
- General inquiries about the challenge should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slides from the second information session.